When: September 12, 2015, 8:00 AM – CHIP TIMED RACE
Where: Claremont City Park, Claremont, NC – RAIN OR SHINE
The Cargo Transporters family is proud to sponsor the Third Annual Tony Pope Memorial 5K. Tony Pope served as president of Catawba Truck Rental before becoming president and then chairman of Cargo Transporters, Inc. Not only was he the president and chairman, but a mentor to many and an example to all through his leadership style. In the industry, he was a four-time president of the North Carolina Car and Truck Renting and Leasing Association, director and chairman of the board for the American Truck Leasing network, director and chairman of the board for the American Truck Leasing network, director of Catawba Valley Traffic Club, director for the N.C. Industries for Technical Education and director and chairman of the N. C. Trucking Association. Also, he was active in the community through such organizations as the Newton-Conover Rotary Club, Catawba Valley Chamber of Commerce, St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, United Way, Jaycees, County Foresight Committee, Economic Development Commission, the YMCA, Catawba Valley Medical Center and others. In 2013, the Catawba Valley Traffic Club established the endowment of the Tony Pope Memorial Scholarship, which ensures ongoing support for scholarships to Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute truck driver training program, which provides training in Caldwell, Catawba, Gaston, Iredell and Rutherford counties. Proceeds from the race go to the Tony Pope Memorial Scholarship.
Entry Fee/Registration Form:
- $20.00/adults; $10.00/students
- Register by August 28, 2015 to guarantee race shirt
- 7:00-7:30 AM Race Day
- Race day registration accepted until 7:30 AM – race shirt not guaranteed
- Race Packet may be picked up Friday, September 11th at Cargo Transporters Operations Center from 3:00-5:00 PM.
Directions to Course:
- From I-40 head South on North Oxford Street towards the city of Claremont. At stop light turn Left onto Highway 70. Proceed straight through the next two stop lights. Claremont City Park will be on your Left just past Claremont Elementary School.
Course Description: Loop course with several inclines. One Water Station provided.
- Beginning at Claremont City Park, Turn right onto Main St. (Hwy 70)
- Turn right onto North Lookout St
- Turn right onto East Calvin St.
- Turn left onto Byrd St.
- Turn left onto Willard St.
- Turn right onto North Lookout St.
- Turn right onto Centennial Blvd.
- Turn right onto Main St. (Hwy 70)
- Finish by turning right into Claremont City Park entrance
Awards and Divisions:
- Under 9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
- Top Male and Female Overall Awards
- Top Male and Female Awards in each division